TV on demand audiences rise

More than a third of British viewers regularly watch programmes on-demand instead of relying on traditional TV schedules, according to research. The report from Tiscali shows that 37 per cent, twice last year’s figure of 17 per cent, are now used to creating their own TV schedules.

More than three-quarters (79 per cent) of British consumers predict that TV schedules will have disappeared by 2018, according to the report. Almost two-thirds (64 per cent) now say traditional TV schedules are too restrictive on their viewing.

Of those who do view on-demand content, most favour doing so through the traditional medium of a TV set. Nearly two-thirds (62 per cent) are watching on-demand on their TV, while the remaining 38 per cent use a computer.

The main reasons for using on-demand include catching up on a missed programme (58 per cent), overcoming schedule clashes (39 per cent) and flexibility (49 per cent).

Posted by on Jan 17 2008. Filed under Articles, VOD.

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search by keyword
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001-2014