Organisers for TelcoTV 2011 have announced the schedule for the tenth anniversary of its well‐regarded conference and tradeshow, taking place this year Oct. 25 to 27 at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Celebrating “Ten Years Transforming Telecom and Entertainment,” the three‐day conference program promises value for exhibitors and attendees with education, networking and new business opportunities. More than 100 vendors are currently slated to exhibit and with over 3,000 attendees expected.
An impressive line-up of speakers from service providers and vendors, as well as top video industry analysts, will provide expert advice and commentary. The first three keynote speakers to be announced are:
– Jeff G. Weber, VP of U‐Verse and Video Strategy, AT&T. Mr. Weber is responsible for the rollout of new features related to AT&T’s U‐verse television service.
– Bryan Burns, Vice President of Strategic Business Planning & Development, ESPN. Mr. Burns leads ESPN’s domestic high‐definition services, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPNU HD, and ESPNEWS HD. He also chairs the company’s interactive television (ITV) cabinet, as well as a team analyzing the future of 3‐ D television for the company.
– Carl Russo, President and CEO, Calix. Mr Russo has over 25 years of experience in the networking and telecommunications industries.
“As consumer choice in video options has grown to include multiple pay‐TV options, time shifting, video on demand, Internet and mobile video, the competitive picture for telecom service providers has become much more complex. Yet video continues to be the cornerstone of a multiservice bundle,” said Carol Wilson, Chief Editor, Events, Light Reading. “TelcoTV 2011 provides a forum for frank discussion of these challenges and the current video services market. The conference sessions are packed with expert advice and commentary from industry experts and industry peers who are making video services work.”
Educational opportunities at the conference include:
• Five conference tracks with over 25 educational sessions delivered by interactive panels and presentations: o Video & Network Technologies o Multi‐Screen Strategies o New Revenue Options o Managing the Subscriber Experience
• Vendor‐sponsored workshops (Tuesday, Oct. 25, 8:30‐11:30): Alcatel‐Lucent, Cisco and Conklin‐ Intracom. (Admission is complimentary with any TelcoTV badge)
• Cloud Services Summit – a one‐day seminar hosted by Telecompetitor (included with VIP pass registration)
• Heavy Reading’s annual U.S. Pay TV Subscriber survey, sponsored by Pace
TelcoTV also offers networking opportunities for attendees on‐site that include:
• Ten‐year anniversary party from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25 • Booth crawl and cocktail reception from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 26
• “TelcoTV Unscripted” sessions ( relevant topic discussions in an informal environment, led by a facilitator) from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Thursday morning, Oct. 27
• Dedicated hours for the tradeshow floor, where over 100 vendors will display their latest technologies and solutions
TelcoTV Sponsors include Calix, Adtran, Pace, CHR Solutions, Nokia Siemens Networks, Alcatel‐Lucent, Cisco, Conklin‐Intracom, Comcast Spotlight, Ericsson, Innovative Systems, Viamedia and Kansys. Visit the TelcoTV website at http://www.TelcoTVonline.com for a complete conference and expo agenda. TelcoTV is a joint production of Light Reading and NTCA.