Strong LatAm growth for Conax
As it gears up for the ABTA trade show in São Paulo, Brazil, Conax, the global provider of content security solutions for pay-tv operators and digital multi-channel distribution, has revealed strong growth figures in the Latin American pay-tv market.
The technology provider displayed 40 per cent growth in 2010 and is anticipating an additional 50 per cent in 2011. Conax has shown strong development of its regional customer portfolio for eight years running and estimates the highest potential for Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru.
Ricardo Pirola, VP Latin America, Conax, noted that pay-TV figures indicate that penetration is still low in low-income zones. “Conax has been recognised as the strongest contender for providing operators and industry partners with comprehensive, profitable security models for pay-TV distribution within all demographics,” he claimed.
Current prognoses indicate that Brazil holds the highest potential, estimated at over 40 million TV households. Today, Mexico has the largest number of pay TV households in Latin America, followed by Brazil and Argentina with 9.8 and 7.9 million pay TV households, respectively.
According to new research and forecast by Dataxis shared by Conax:
- Latin American pay-tv market will reach 67.3 million clients by 2016.
- This figure will be equal to a penetration of 48.1 per cent of TV homes
- In 2016, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina will be the four biggest markets for TV per volume of clients, with approximately 87.4 per cent of subscribers
- By 2016, 90 per cent of pay-tv subscribers will use some kind of digital platform
- DTH will likely boast highest growth rates, and digital cable will be the second option since nearly 30 per cent of the total subscribers by 2016 and IPTV with 7 per cent