Vimond will showcase a beta version of its upcoming Online Video Platform (OVP) product code-named VCC (Vimond Control Center). VCC builds on the current robust nature of the Vimond media platform, but simplifies the publishing workflow and adds powerful features that easily make it the most complete online TV tool on the market today.
VCC was designed for broadcasters wishing to monetise their content directly to end users, as well as content distributors seeking to broaden their offering and provide catch-up services.
VCC is different from other solutions on the market because it focuses on:
• Multiscreen deployments — Most systems were designed only for publishing Web TV services, and can only publish to mobile and other screens via add-on functionality or products. VCC, by contrast, can publish compelling TV services across all screens.
• OTT production workflow — VCC breaks the various production elements down into manageable workflows, which can be customized depending on the need. For example, different departments within an organization can collaborate independently of each other. Service managers can create packages without having to worry about content ingestion or content management. Content editors can edit content and metadata without regard for pricing structures. Administrators can easily control who accesses what by granting access rights to individual parts of the platform.
• Speed — With today’s typical solution, managing hundreds of hours of content can be challenging. The content might be hard to find in the system, and the user has to struggle through endless pages and edit views to get the job done. VCC uses tagging functionality to simplify this process. Content is easily found through an intelligent search, with adaptive filtering, and in as few clicks as possible.
• Integration — VCC integrates with the major encoder and transcoder solutions, enabling automation of live and on-demand video ingestion. Industry-leading solutions from Digital Rapids and Harmonic are controlled directly from the VCC system, eliminating the need to start and stop encoders manually.
Other Products on Display at the 2012 NAB Show
• VimondSPORTS — For use with Vimond’s online TV platform, this interactive live and on-demand sports Web application framework enables broadcasters to create rich interactive services for just about any sport
• Mobile applications for iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, and other mobile devices
• 3D OTT showcase to demonstrate how companies can transmit 3D events through the Web using Vimond technology
• Mobile companion apps, including one prepared for the Tour de France