Green light for Sky Italia F1 HD
Sky Italia is following in the wheeltracks of its British counterpart by launching its first HD channel exclusively dedicated to Formula 1 – Sky Sport F1 HD.
The new HD channel will broadcast live all the 2013 Grand Prix races, ten of which will be exclusively live. Along with the live broadcasting of the races’ practice and qualifying days, there will be 30 hours of live shows across each of the 19 scheduled race weekends.
The service will feature:
- The main live feed from Sky Sport F1 HD.
- Three On Board views to see the race from the point of view of the drivers.
- Pit Lane – the view from the boxes.
- Live Timing – providing official race time data.
- Race Tracker – see the position of each car on the circuit map at any time.
- Race Control – a four-screen channel with Sky Sport F1 HD, On Board, Live Timing and Race Tracker.
- Highlights – the mini screen with the major moments of the GP.
Through the main nine-screen interface, the subscriber can also access tweets by GP viewers and other details on the Grand Prix (charts, calendars, etc.).