Qumu launches Qumu Video App for SharePoint 2013
Qumu, the business video platform provider, has announced the availability of the Qumu Video App for Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
The Qumu Video App for SharePoint builds on Qumu’s award-winning Video Control Center platform to deliver a seamless, integrated enterprise video solution within SharePoint that can scale globally for even the largest enterprises. This app is now available in addition to the existing Qumu solution for SharePoint 2010.
Qumu provides SharePoint users with a superior video streaming experience, comprehensive video transcoding, advanced filtering, unrestricted scalability, live video webcasting and more. The Qumu integration focuses on leveraging native SharePoint services, such as SharePoint workflows and content retention policies, allowing SharePoint to treat video content as a unique content type, minimising IT complexity and cost.
Specific features of the Qumu Video App for SharePoint include:
• Native SharePoint 2013 indexing and search retrieval of Qumu video content.
• Workflows for video publishing and retention are also native to SharePoint 2013.
• Tight integration of video with SharePoint 2013 collaboration and social features, including likes, comments and updates to activity streams.
• Configurable SharePoint web parts (video jukebox, carousels and an integrated player) make it easy to embed video collections or individual videos on any SharePoint page.
• Support for adaptive streaming formats as well as for legacy Windows Media format.
• Network-friendly video delivery from branch caches or Internet CDNs frees SharePoint Web servers from heavy traffic.
• Intelligent Qumu Pathfinder engine ensures video distribution works seamlessly to reach any user, anywhere on any device.
• SharePoint 2013 app deployment architecture runs the Qumu app outside of SharePoint servers, allowing unlimited video file size without affecting the SharePoint farm performance.
“Our integrated SharePoint solutions have been best sellers for Qumu since 2009,” says Vern Hanzlik, Qumu’s Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. “We’re excited to introduce our latest Qumu Video App for SharePoint 2013, which makes video in SharePoint a seamless integrated experience and introduces a new level of social video collaboration for users.”
The Qumu Video App for SharePoint 2013 on-premises is now available for order; integration with Office 365 will be available in early 2014.