CSTB sees Appear TV demonstrate single platform head-ends for all screen delivery
Appear TV, a global provider of next-generation head-ends for broadcast and IP television, has announced that visitors to its CSTB stand (Moscow, 28 – 30 January, stand 4.603) will see its range of head-ends that maximize power and flexibility for all operators, including cable, satellite, terrestrial, IPTV, OTT/multiscreen and digital/analogue simulcast. A highlight at CSTB is the demonstration of the latest Appear TV designed high channel-density hardware based multiscreen transcoding module providing operators with the ability to deliver live channels simultaneously to all screen formats.
“It’s our aim to provide operators with the greatest flexibility and technical evolution in simple to deploy solutions,” said Carl Walter Holst, CEO, Appear TV.
“CSTB sees us raise the bar yet again with head-ends that provide true any input / any output flexibility in a modular format. Customers can choose our head-ends with confidence knowing that, however complex their network architecture, an Appear TV head-end can deliver video from any source to any device. We continue to protect operator head-end investment by continually designing and launching new plug-in modules that will meet future trends and content formats,” concluded Holst.
At the heart of the company’s product range are the new Appear TV XC series head-end solutions, designed following a modular ‘head-end’ philosophy, which maximizes operators’ functionality, customization and flexibility. The Appear TV head-end chassis’ combine up-rated hot-swappable dual power supplies and enhanced cooling with advanced N+1, N+M redundancy capability, improved statistical multiplexing and true multi-platform multicasting capabilities in a single open standard head-end managed by a single User Interface (UI).
Additional customizable functionality is provided through a wide-variety of Appear TV designed plug-in modules, including: audio leveling, decoding, encoding/transcoding for all screen delivery, comprehensive I/O interfaces, multiplexing, multiscreen/OTT, modulation, redundancy, scrambling/de-scrambling and switching.
The advanced features of Appear TV head-end modules include:
- Central, regional & edge of network capable head-end solutions for cable, terrestrial, satellite & IP-based delivery networks for all screens
- Full DVB-T/T2 end-to-end solution, including DVB-T2 Gateways, modulation, de-modulation, PSI/Si, synchronisation, etc.
- Comprehensive I/0 signal interfaces with powerful Transport Stream processing capability & multiplexing
- High density decoding & descrambling for redistribution and service grooming
- Higher order modulation for all carriers & high capacity IP streaming
- Broadcast quality, high channel density multi-format transcoding & encoding
- Multiple-level redundancy and hot-swap functionality integrated in 1 or 4RU carrier class chassis’ incorporating a web-based control UI
- Fully integrated & versatile modular platform architecture allowing operators to customise and scale the head-end for today and tomorrow.