All aboard to Cable Congress
Cable Europe’s Cable Congress, the much anticipated annual industry gathering taking place from 12-14 March in Amsterdam, is shaping up as just the ticket for those steeped in the converging worlds of entertainment and technology. An all-star line-up of leaders from across cable, content, tech and new media will be on hand to discuss the latest trends and developments in the industry, as well as their strategies to compete and grow in the years to come.
The flagship conference will kick off with the release of brand new 2013 year-end pan-European cable industry data supplied by IHS. Highlights are expected to include continued growth in new customers as well as a powerful top-line increase in total cable revenues. Europe’s cable industry now serves more than 109 million Revenue Generating Units (RGUs), an industry metric measuring the number of services – TV, internet and telephony – delivered to customers. More statistics on growth in these three product areas, as well as in digital services like Video on Demand, will be unveiled on Day 1.
“There’s no blowing smoke about what the cable industry is delivering to European consumers,” according to Cable Europe’s Executive Chairman Matthias Kurth. “Tunnel vision, when focused on the customer, is a game changer that cable is exploiting. Last year saw cable operators upgrading commercially available broadband speeds to 200 Mbps and even 500 Mbps in European markets. At this year’s Cable Congress we’ll hear more about how the industry is leveraging the power of these networks, in combination with new services and the inclusion of over the top and premier content, to deliver the absolute best value to its customers. This year is a can’t miss for those interested in the future of cable in Europe.”
In addition to the release of new industry data, the 2014 Cable Congress programme is packed with engaging sessions and high-profile executive appearances, including:
- Keynote speech by visionary President & CEO of AMC Networks, Josh Sapan
- C-Suite panel hosted by CNN’s Nina Dos Santos, featuring Michael Fries, Liberty Global, Manuel Cubero, Kabel Deutschland, Carsten Dilling, TDC and Bert Habets, RTL Nederland
- A fireside chat with René Obermann, Ziggo
- Cable’s technology wheel of fortune with Paul Hendriks, Ziggo, Balan Nair, Liberty Global, and Lorenz Glatz, Kabel Deutschland, hosted by Babita Sharma, BBC News
- The third annual Cable Europe Awards, honouring contributions from individuals and companies helping to move the European cable industry forward
- Unparalleled networking opportunities, with 69% of attendees at C-level, Director and Board Level