Society of Cable Telecommunications engineers to outline European initiatives at ANGA Com
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), the US-based specialist in training for the worldwide cable workforce, will outline new initiatives in Europe and training opportunities for European cable engineering and operations professionals at an International Breakfast at the ANGA Com Exhibition and Congress in Cologne, Germany.
The breakfast will be held from 9:00 – 10:30 AM CET on Wednesday, May 21 at the Speakers’ Corner in Area 10.1 of the Kölnmesse exhibition center. Key figures on hand for the event will include: Mark Dzuban, president and CEO of SCTE; Daniel Howard, senior vice president, engineering and CTO of SCTE; and Dr. Claus Adams, CEO of Adams Consult GmbH & Co. KG and president of the SCTE Central Europe Chapter, as well as Dr. L. Alberto Campos, Principal Architect, Advanced Technology Group, Cable Television Laboratories (CableLabs), and other speakers.
Since the founding of the Central European Chapter in 2010, SCTE has continued to expand its presence in Europe and worldwide. SCTE most recently announced the appointment of Bill Warga, vice president, technology and a member of the Chief Architecture Group for Liberty Global, to the SCTE board of directors. SCTE also recently launched a Spanish language version of its Broadband Premises Installer (BPI) online training and certification exam, now being used by Liberty Global Puerto Rico for both employee and contract installers.
“The rapid evolution of cable telecommunications products and services has increased the need for superior workforce training and certification,” said Adams. “SCTE’s alignment with CableLabs, the international cable operator community and international standards bodies have positioned it to deliver educational resources that are without equal in our industry.”
The agenda for the International Breakfast will include:
· 9:00 – Welcome and General Overview of SCTE Activities (Daniel Howard, Dr. Claus Adams)
· 9:10 – Powering the New Architecture (Mark Dzuban)
· 9:20 – SCTE Initiatives in Europe (Dr. Claus Adams and Jerzy Straszewski, SCTE Central Europe Chapter)
· 9:35 – dibkom/SCTE Training Courses (Prof. Dieter Schwarzenau, head of training and certification, dibkom and Alexander Adams, SCTE Central Europe Chapter)
· 9:45 – SCTE Training Courses (Daniel Howard)
· 9:55 – Advanced Engineering Training (Daniel Howard and Brady Volpe, president, The Volpe Firm)
· 10:10 – Proactive Network Maintenance (Alexander Adams and Dr. L. Alberto Campos)
For more information on the International Breakfast, or on the SCTE Central Europe Chapter, please contact Dr. Claus Adams at Claus.Adams@adams-consult.de.