IP, video and broadband technology specialist ARRIS is launching a range of new solutions to help global providers meet the growing need for delivering fibre deeper into networks, while reducing cost, space and operational complexity. It is also unveiling five new CPE solutions at ANGA COM for European cable operators to transform broadband and video delivery in the home.
According to ARRIS, service providers face the challenges of providing expanded service offerings, more content, and delivering better quality experiences to keep up with consumer demand to capitalise on new revenue opportunities, and suggests that its transformative solutions address these challenges by expanding capacity and bandwidth with lower costs, space and power requirements than competitive solutions.
The fibre solutions encompass:
• The new ARRIS Ultra Compact 200 Optical Node and Amplifier series, offers superior value in HFC outdoor equipment by enabling cost effective near term and future fibre deep migration. Unique modularity, and operational features simplify bandwidth expansion, amp-to-node upgrades, maintenance, sparing and logistics.
• The new ARRIS Opti Max OM2741, a compact, high performance fibre deep optical node solution designed to manage network growth, features switchable segmentation options that allow remote segmentation to reduce OPEX, minimise complexity, and preserve investment.
• The new ARRIS CHP CORWave 3, a next-generation, high density 1.2 GHz analogue / digital multi-wavelength optical transmitter, delivers industry leading headend density and power efficiency. The CORWave 3 Dual-Density transmitter provides for up to 20 transmitters in only 2-RU of space.
• The new ARRIS CHP Quad Return Path Receiver, a high density 300 MHz return path receiver, delivers density of 40 receivers in 2-RU and very low power consumption. The Quad Receiver is available with a redundant feature to further enhance network reliability.
“We are committed to supporting our customers with continuing innovation, superior quality and great customer service.” said John Caezza, President of Access Networks. “As service providers work towards expanding subscriber offerings and capacity while strictly managing costs, ARRIS brings a broad set of high density and highly efficient fiber deep product options to support extended HFC, RFoG, PON along with other solutions. Our portfolio is designed to support the cost effective optimisation of today’s networks, while staging for future growth in an efficient and versatile manner.”
The solutions are designed to address consumer demand for quick and reliable content access on a variety of devices with the latest wireless technology and cost-effective, attractive form factors.
According to Steve McCaffery, Senior Vice President, EMEA and Asia Pacific, ARRIS is driving the global transition to an all-digital content delivery platform and is at the forefront of developing a high performance broadband DOCSIS and DVB STB portfolio. “The success of our set-tops and gateways in so many geographies speaks to service providers’ ever-growing need for innovative solutions to deliver tomorrow’s services on today’s networks,” he suggested.
The CPE solutions debuting at ANGA COM are:
• Touchstone TG2492 – EuroDOCSIS 3.0 wireless EMTA featuring up to 24×8 channel bonding for enhanced broadband speeds, as well as dual band concurrent 802.11n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 5GHz radios for superior wireless coverage and performance. The TG2492 also includes up to two lines of carrier-grade VoIP and support for IPv6, Business Services, and Wi-Fi Hotspots for the ultimate extensibility in operator deployments
• Touchstone DG6800 – EuroDOCSIS 3.0 wireless data gateway with 16×4 channel bonding delivering the latest Wireless Dual Band Concurrent 802.11ac technology in a slim, cost-effective form factor that supports tomorrow’s broadband speeds.
• HMC4120 – a Hybrid DVB-C/IP set-top featuring an embedded DOCSIS modem which enables the return path for access to interactive services such as video on demand, catch up TV and nDVR. The HMC4120 also features an optional removable HDD module, giving the operator flexibility to support DVR and non-DVR customers with the same platform.
• HMC3000 – enabling cable operators to deliver HD content to subscribers and facilitating the migration of subscribers to all digital and IP-based services. Both the HMC3000 and the HMC4120 are powered by the ARRIS KreaTV operating system which provides a general software platform for fast application development and integration. It is pre-integrated with leading applications, conditional access systems, and video servers, offering open standards interfaces for browser or native application-level development.
• HMC2010 –a cost-effective digital terminal adapter (DTA) for operators looking to convert analogue subscribers to a digital service, helping to free up spectrum in their network. The compact and energy efficient design of all the HMC series set-tops, especially the HMC2010, minimises energy consumption, reducing their impact on the environment.