Telecom Italia Media, L’Espresso merge DTT

Telecom Italia Media and Italian multimedia group L’Espresso have completed the merger of their activities as DTT network operators (Telecom Italia Media Broadcasting and Rete A, respectively) with the launch of Persidera.

This operation has created the largest independent DTT network operator in Italy with five national digital multiplexes, competing on the market with RAI’s RaiWay and Mediaset’s EI Towers.

Telecom Italia Media will own 70 per cent of Persidera, while L’Espresso will have the remaining 30 per cent. Maximum Confortini has been appointed as Chairman of Persidera, while Paolo Ballerani has been confirmed as CEO, a role he previously held at Telecom Italia Media Broadcasting.

Persidera will be the reference supplier of the leading non-integrated TV groups, both domestic and foreign, operating in the Italian market. The transaction will also allow the achievement of significant business synergies.

Posted by on Jul 1 2014. Filed under Articles, Broadcast, Business, DTT/DSO, M&A.

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search by keyword
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001-2014