At SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2014, Pace, a global leader for digital TV and broadband technology solutions, along with the newly integrated Aurora Networks’ subsidiary (“Networks”), will showcase leading solutions and new products that continue to define the evolution of cable, both in the home and in the network. Pace will be at booth #148 at the Expo, which takes place at the Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO, from September 23-25.
Pace will demonstrate its end-to-end portfolio of hardware, software, network equipment and support solutions for cable operators at this year’s Expo. With this extensive combination of solutions, operators now have an optimized toolbox to enable them to deliver the capacity, flexibility and services needed to not only meet customer expectations for today, but also for the future.
“Pace’s unrivalled experience helps cable operators deploy compelling and cost-effective video and broadband services for their subscribers,” said Mike Pulli, chief executive officer, Pace plc. “The combination of Pace and our recent acquisition of Aurora Networks enables us to offer a more comprehensive solution set, from the headend into the home, giving our customers complete control over their network and the subscriber experience.”
Integrated solutions presented at Cable-Tec Expo will include:
• OBI-free™ RFoG Solutions: The industry’s only standards-based approach that solves the acknowledged issue of optical beat interference. This is the only solution today which supports the seamless transition to a PON deployment by complying with the SCTE RFoG standards; ensuring the longevity of the architecture and maximizing a cable operator’s return-on-investment.
• Unified PON Access Technology: Combining Aurora Networks’ EPON, GPON and Node PON™ solutions; the complete package, from headend to subscriber including integration into the Pace ECO Service Management product suite to show operators the value of this comprehensive platform.
• Advanced DPoE™ Solution: Showcasing Aurora Networks’ CableLabs® qualified DPoE solution, seamless and cost-effective PON provisioning.
• Distributed Broadband Access Architecture: Featuring the industry’s first Node QAM technology and extended to include Pace customer premises equipment, this architecture extends the digital headend domain out to the fiber node.
• Truly Universal Digital Return™: With the industry’s first 5 to 85 MHz software-upgradeable platform, Aurora Networks will dedicate an entire display to its truly Universal Digital Return Platform, highlighting the important role that digital return will play in future DOCSIS® 3.1 roll-outs.
• Advanced Cable Gateways: High-powered DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateways that provide increased Wi-Fi range and speed, 960 Mbps downstream capacity, integrated MoCA, plus a variety of native diagnostics tools leveraging Pace ECO Device and Service Management solutions to improve TCO and reduce operating costs.
• Ultra High-Definition (UHD) Whole Home Networking: Seamless Whole Home wireless networking of UHD content utilizing remotely managed peripheral devices to extend in-home Wi-Fi range, enable wireless set-top box connectivity, and deliver next-generation mesh networking.
• Next-Generation Whole Home: Pace will showcase the most advanced Whole Home systems currently available on the market.
o TiVo Whole Home DVR and Client
o Comcast XG1 and Xi3 Client
o Pace RDK 2.0 compatible ‘Elements’ Whole Home platform
• Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs): DTA software and hardware advancements, including a new low-cost IP enabled HD device introducing a feature-rich, cost-effective and compelling path to IP services.
• Reference Design Kit (RDK): Reinforcing its RDK leadership position with compatible middleware, hardware and system integration solutions, including the RDK 2.0 integrated ‘Elements’ middleware platform.
• ECO Device and Service Management Solutions: ECO allows operators to remotely manage and monitor the subscriber’s quality of experience and network components while minimizing operating costs.