Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Comcast has announced the consumer launch of its new remote control that allows customers to navigate thousands of shows and movies on the X1 platform with their voice. The new Xfinity remote with voice control lets viewers search for networks, shows and movies; set DVR recordings; get recommendations; navigate Xfinity On Demand and more.
“Say it and see it. It’s that simple,” said Sree Kotay, Comcast Cable’s Chief Software Architect. “We want viewers to get to the shows and movies they love quickly, and we’ve built a remote control that’s smart, fast and intuitive. You don’t have to learn a new language or speak like a robot. Just press the blue button, say what you want to watch and it appears on screen. It’s easy, just like watching TV should be.”
The Xfinity Remote with voice control recognizes thousands of common commands including things like:
• Changing the channel: “Watch ESPN”
• Searching for movies or shows: “The Walking Dead”
• Browsing Xfinity On Demand: “Show me kids movies”
• Setting a recording: “Record Saturday Night Live”
• Finding sports teams, games and events: “When do the Phillies play?”
• Getting recommendations or seeing what’s popular on TV right now: “What’s trending?”
The remote even recognises hundreds of popular movie quotes. As an example, saying “Life is like a box of chocolates” will find the movie Forrest Gump.
The voice remote is available to all eligible X1 customers in the US. New customers will get the remote during their installation and existing customers can either go to an Xfinity Store to pick one up for free or order online.