Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
In September 2015, the United Nations is launching the Global Goals. These are a series of ambitious targets to end extreme poverty and tackle climate change for everyone by 2030. If they are met, they ensure the health, safety and future of the planet for everyone on it. And their best chance of being met is if everyone on the planet is aware of them. So the simple but mighty ambition of Project Everyone is to make the Global Goals famous by getting them in front of 7 billion people in 7 days.
Project Everyone is the brainchild of Richard Curtis (filmmaker and founder of Comic Relief).
“Imagine what could be achieved if everyone in the world knew about these global goals. We would be laying the groundwork for a new generation of global citizens to make sure the goals are achieved – taking on the two biggest problems our planet faces today,” commented Richard Curtis.
Supported by the UN, Project Everyone’s strategy is to create mass awareness around the launch of the goals in September 2015; for deeper engagement, we are working with Global Citizen and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, who this year are building a multi-million person campaigning list to enable partners across the sector to engage and take action in support of achieving the global goals.
How to reach 7 billion people:
– Radio Everyone: 7bn have access to radio. A 7-day pop-up radio station, with unique content curated by influencers from around the world and distributed by the world’s largest broadcasters
– A World Wide Web First: 3bn and counting are online. We are working with the world’s top websites to communicate the goals, for example Google/YouTube, Huffington Post, Yahoo, Facebook, LinkedIn and Wikipedia, whose community will translate the goals into over 200 languages
– The World’s Largest Lesson: 1.9bn are in school. We are delivering the largest collaborative education project the world has ever seen in partnership with UNICEF, Times Education Supplement, Sir Ken Robinson and Pearson.
– Broadcast: 5.7bn have access. In partnership with Global Citizen and their Festival we are launching the Global Goals in a one-hour TV spectacle, live- streamed on YouTube and shown by broadcasters across the world.
– Cinema: 1.3bn have access. SAWA are giving access to their cinema network around the world, giving £15m of inventory and screening a bespoke advert written by Sir John Hegarty and animated by Aardman
– The World’s Best Brands: In partnership with Global Citizen, global brands such as Unilever, Aviva, Royal Mail, Virgin, and Standard Chartered give us unique access to their employee base, distribution network and branded assets to amplify the world’s largest project.
– A Prayer for Everyone: 6bn have a faith. We are working closely with the UN, action/2015 and interfaith groups to launch the world’s largest prayer during the 7 days of Project Everyone.
– The World’s Biggest Connection: 5bn have access to a mobile. In partnership with Global Citizen we are working with the 5 largest mobile operators worldwide to send a global text to every customer on the day the goals launch.
– UN’s agencies and civil society networks: will help us reach 1bn people with news of the Global Goals
– Our global hubs: to ensure global reach and local relevance, we have established hubs in Brazil, India, Denmark, New York – with more to come in Kenya, South Africa and South East Asia. Each hub will localise activities, content and comms for their region.
Using the sheer scale of every channel, the strength of the some of the world’s most powerful voices and the creative experience of Richard Curtis and the Project Everyone team, we will deliver the World’s Largest Project in order that the epic goal of the Goals has the best chance of being achieved.
How you can help:
Given the global ambition of Project Everyone, we need every kind of help:
– Donation of the channels and media owned by the world’s biggest companies, brands and organisations
– Support from the world’s most influential people, who by giving us their reach will be fulfilling the project’s potential to put the goals into everyone’s hands
– Creative support, to help us turn each of these brilliant ideas into reality
– Communications support, to ensure that when we shout about the goals, we are heard as far and as widely as possible
– And of course financial support, to fund Project Everyone’s activities and a small but expert team of communications professionals through to the end of the year.