Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Digital UK has published the technical specification for Freeview Play, opening the connected TV service to broadcasters, platforms and equipment manufacturers worldwide.
Previously available only via formal registration, the document details the technologies required to design and implement Freeview Play TVs and boxes. The publication follows strong interest in the service from both UK manufacturers and international markets since its launch in October 2015.
Digital UK has led development of the new hybrid TV platform, the first to include features recently defined in the HbbTV 2.0 standard for Internet services and applications – building on the DTG’s industry standard D-Book for broadcasting.
All Freeview Play products meet existing standards for Freeview HD and include features such as:
– Support for advanced player applications based on HTML 5.0
– A 7-day scroll-back TV guide – with direct access to on-demand content
– Enhanced EPG data to provide additional programme information and images
– Improved interactive services, such BBC Red Button+
– Adaptive bitrate streaming – video quality is optimised for a range of broadband speeds
– Seamless ad insertion – smoother delivery of advertising in on-demand programming
James Jackson, Technical Director at Digital UK, said the decision to publish the technical specifications for Freeview Play openly would make it easier for manufacturers to bring products to market and help broadcasters around the world develop their own enhanced, hybrid TV services.