Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
FreeWheel has released its Q1 2016 Video Monetisation Report. The research is based on the largest dataset available on the usage and monetisation of professional, rights-managed video content and incorporated data from over 160 billion annual video views and includes insight into global online premium video consumption habits and patterns.
Key highlights include:
– Continued growth year-over-year of video ad views and video views (+24 per cent and +24 per cent, respectively), marking 21 consecutive quarters of growth.
– Consumers continue to have a high level of comfort with ads when viewing outside the traditional TV set; ad completion rates reached 85 per cent during the quarter.
– The cross-platform opportunity continues to grow in scope, as 63 per cent of monetisation now occurs outside desktop environments, so on tablets, smartphones, OTT, and STB VoD.
– Results point to a still emerging market which is almost exclusively skewed to monetising long-form with 91 per cent of European DAI occurring in long-form content.
– Growth in the immediate term and going forward will come from better monetisation of short-form and live content currently 7 per cent and 1 per cent of ad views respectively.
– The overwhelming proportion of European monetisation continues to be driven by entertainment – nine out of every 10 ads in the UK are derived from long-form Entertainment TV-style content – a very different picture from the US.
– In terms of ad views by device, desktop at 49 per cent still leads in Europe with OTT still at an early stage at 13 per cent. Given that long-form content drives monetisation in Europe affordable unlimited data plans are likely a contributory factor in smartphones coming in as the second most used device with 24 per cent share of the platform marketplace.