Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Triple play offer from CDiscount

CDiscount, the online subsidiary of French retail group Casino, is introducing CStream, a new all-in-one SVoD, music, books and magazine streaming offering for €9.99 per month.

The three services will be accessible from connected devices including smartphones, tablets, PCs, Mac and TV sets through specific websites and apps. They potentially target the 8 million active customers of Cdiscount.com website and its 2 million daily unique visitors.

CStream is entering the SVoD market with no more than 300 movies, although it promises around 50 new films per month.

Furthermore, the service doesn’t feature any TV series but concentrates on around 1,000 youth programmes including animated series and films such as Babar, Pokémon, Garfield 2, and Chicken Run.

The line-up has been built from deals with distributors Paramount, SND, Universal, Warner, TF1 and Pathé Gaumont. Five million music titles are also part of the streaming service, while the print line-up totals 50,000 titles that include novels, youth books, comics as well as magazine titles.

“Streaming is now concentrated on 10 per cent of customers, targeted by media specialists in VoD such as Netflix and CanalPlay or music, we target the remaining 90 per cent of customers who don’t use those services already. Our triple play offer has been conceived as a popular one, family-oriented and for an unbeatable price,” explained Morald Chibout, VP of Cnova, Casino’s online sales holding.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login