Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Spaniards spend €628 a year on pay-TV

Spaniards with a pay-TV subscription spend an average €628 per year on the service, equating to a combined yearly figure over €3 billion, according to a report from kelisto.es.

Pay-TV services in Spain currently have over 5.85 million subscribers, some 11 per cent of the population, paying an average of €52.38 a month for a basic TV package.

According to the report, 83 per cent of the subscribers have a convergent package, with the remaining 17 per cent preferring a direct pay-TV subscription through a streaming platform like Netflix, HBO or Amazon Prime Video.

Movistar Plus is the most expensive platform, according to the report, with a difference of €310 a year in the basic package in comparison with Jazztel, the cheapest one.

Asturias, in the north of Spain, is the region that boasts the most pay-TV consumption (19.1 per cent of its inhabitants), followed by Madrid, Melilla and Baleares Islands.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login