Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Gulf newspapers are reporting that Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is again getting tough on what it says are illegal satellite dishes.
The thrust of the complaints, from the City Municipality, is that dishes are unsightly and do little to enhance the urban appearance of the city’s rooftops.
The City Council permits 4 dishes on each rooftop, which sounds adequate but when it is a high-rise apartment block that can be wholly inadequate.
The Council has as one of its key target the beautification of Abu Dhabi, as part of its overall Strategic Plane 2030, but it says that poorly installed dishes, plus streams of cables do little to enhance the City’s image.
Specifically, the Council says the following are considered offences:
– Installing more than four satellite dishes on the rooftop of a building.
– Installing satellite dishes on balconies of buildings.
– Installing satellite dishes on rooftop walls and garden walls.
– Hanging cables on building facade.
– Non-compliance with the requirements of satellite dishes installation.