Category archives for: M&A

Vivendi accepts Numericable-SFR, Altice offer

Multinational cable and telecommunications company Altice, founded by telecoms entrepreneur Patrick Drahi, has entered into the final agreements with Vivendi regarding the acquisition of the 20 per cent stake Vivendi owns in France’s second-largest telco Numericable-SFR for a price of €40 per share. The transaction carried out via its subsidiary Altice France, and Numericable-SFR, follows approval by Vivendi’s Supervisory Board […]

Abertis buys Italian ‘towers’ business

Spanish infrastructure company Abertis, which holds stock in satellite operator Hispasat, has bought 90 per cent of the transmissions towers business of telco Wind, in Italy.  Russia’s Vimpelcom holds the remaining 10 per cent. Vimpelcom is the world’s sixth-largest mobile operator with some 214 million subs, mostly in Russia but with 31 per cent of its revenues coming from its […]

NXP buys Freescale

Dutch NXP Semiconductors is to buy Freescale Semiconductor and merge operations in a deal valuing the combined company at over $40 billion. The deal will make the business the industry leader within the auto and industrial semiconductor markets. This is the fourth semiconductor sector M&A deal this year, and the biggest by far.  Freescale shareholders will receive $6.25 in cash […]

Naguib Sawiris eyes Euronews control

Euronews is set to sell a €35 million majority stake to Naguib Sawiris. Established in 1993 by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Euronews is currently owned by 21 public television channels and 3 local authorities. Available in 13 languages it provides rolling coverage of world news produced by 600 journalists from over 30 countries. “Throughout the past decade, Euronews has […]

​Mediaset €1.2bn bid for RAI’s tower network operator

italy

Mediaset’s broadcasting network operator Ei Towers has launched a bid for its counterpart RaiWay, owned by public broadcaster RAI. The cash and stock offer values RaiWay at €4.50 per share, or €1.22 billion. The cash component corresponds to approximately 69 per cent of the aggregate valuation of each RaiWay ordinary share, while the share component corresponds to approximately 31 per […]

BBC’s Cohen: “BBC3 bid does not stack up”

BBC director of television Danny Cohen has openly rejected Avalon Entertainment and Hat Trick Productions’ BBC3 potential rescue bid, arguing that the £100 million (€136m) takeover plan “does not stack up”. Cohen has written to Jon Thoday and Jimmy Mulville to set out the corporation’s interpretation of the bid, which was formally submitted to the BBC Trust last week Cohen […]

Murdoch denies Discovery merger talks

21st Century Fox has denied as “categorically untrue” a story that appeared in the Australian Financial Review saying that senior executives from 21st Century Fox and Discovery Communications had met to discuss a tie-up that could create a $100 billion movie, entertainment and sports giant. Rupert Murdoch of Fox and John Malone, a major shareholder in Discovery (and a director) […]

Telecom Italia to buy out media unit

Telecom Italia will incorporate its Telecom Italia Media unit (in which it has 78 per cent) after a buyout offer in shares which should be completed by the end of September. The boards of the two companies approved a plan that will see Telecom Italia offering 0.66 ordinary shares for each TI Media ordinary share and 0.47 of its saving […]

Numericable’s “stingy” offer for Vivendi’s stake

numericable

Numericable (and Altice) are looking to buy the 20 per cent stake in its company held by Vivendi, and is offering €40 a share, which is about 25 per cent below their market value. Investment bankers Exane BNP-Paribas states that the offer “is a bit stingy”, and argues that even with the obvious benefit of banking a giant cash sum […]

Vivendi to sell Numericable-SFR stake?

Flag of France

French media giant Vivendi says it has received a “binding offer” from Altice and Numericable-SFR for its remaining 20 per cent stake in Numericable-SFR, at a price of €40 a share, and equivalent to €3.9 billion. Vivendi’s Supervisory Board will make a decision on February 27th. However, the price on offer is almost 25 per cent lower than Vivendi’s current […]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search by keyword
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001-2015