Category archives for: Results

Hispasat profits 5.5%

The Spanish satellite operator Hispasat has increased its net benefit by 5.5 per cent to €54.3 million. Hispasat declared a turnover of €201.4 million, up 0.57 per cent.  55.6 per cent of it came from Latin America, with the remaining 44.4 per cent from Europe and the North of Africa. EBITDA reached €163.8 million, up 1.68 per cent, with investments [...]

RTL profits up 45%

rtl

RTL Group has reported net profits up 45.7 per cent to €870 million for 2013. Europe’s largest broadcast network saw revenue drop 1.8 per cent to €5.89 billion as higher revenues from RTL Netherlands and RTL Germany were offset by lower revenue from FremantleMedia – its production arm which distributes talent shows including “Idol” and “The X Factor” – and [...]

Inmarsat ends 2013 on a high

Inmarsat has reported it finished 2013 with an upturn in its core maritime, aviation and land services business, giving it momentum for faster growth in the next two years. The British satellite group, which provides communications to shipping, aircraft and remote locations, reported revenue growth of 5.4 per cent in its core Global MSS business to $194.3 million in the [...]

Telecom Italia narrows losses

italy

Telecom Italia Media has posted a narrower net loss of €132 million in 2013 after the sale of two loss-making television channels. The company, which had posted a loss of 241 million euros in 2012, sold the La 7 and MTV channels in April and September 2013 respectively. Telecom Italia Media, which is in talks with publisher L’Espresso for a [...]

Pace expects $2.7bn revenue in 2014

pace_mike_Pulli

The UK STB maker Pace has posted a 22.5 per cent rise in full-year core earnings, driven by high demand for its next-generation media servers in the US. Pace, whose US customer base includes Comcast, AT&T and DirecTV, said it expected revenue of about $2.70 billion this year, with an operating margin of around 8.5 per cent. Analysts on average [...]

CME narrows loss in Q4

Central European Media Enterprise (CME), which broadcasts 35 network TV channels in central Europe and is backed by Time Warner, has reported Q4 and full year numbers. Its net loss for the full year was $281.5 million (an improvement on 2012’s $546m), and based on lower revenues y-o-y ($691 million in 2013, $77million in 2012). However, stripping out CME’s Q4 [...]

Apple’s Cook: ‘TV no longer a ‘hobby’

tim-cook-apple-ceo

Although his late predecessor as Apple CEO Steve Jobs suggested in June 2010 that Apple TV would remain a “hobby” at his company because the cable industry had “squashed the opportunity for innovation in the TV market,” current incumbent Tim Cook has admitted that this is no longer the case. Cook told the company’s annual meeting that Apple had sold [...]

Multiplatform strategy boosts Canal Plus

The distribution of the Canal Plus digital TV service through different platforms is proving to be a success in terms of revenues and subscribers. The Prisa-owned company saw revenues increase by 138 per cent to €232 million from distribution via other platforms, against a 4 per cent drop to €870 million on the traditional satellite distribution. Total revenues amounted to [...]

Record cable subs boost TiVo

tivo

A record 313,000 cable MSO subscriptions added in the fourth quarter helped advanced television entertainment market specialist TiVo report its best-ever full-year Service and Technology revenues. Reporting financial results for the fourth quarter and Fiscal Year ended January 31, 2014, Tom Rogers, President and CEO of TiVo, said this was another solid quarter for TiVo and a very strong end [...]

ProSiebenSat.1 reports record year

ProSiebenSat1

The ProSiebenSat.1 Group closed the 2013 financial year with record figures: Consolidated revenues rose by 10.6 per cent to €2.605 billion (previous year: €2.356 billion). Recurring EBITDA increased by 6.1 per cent to €790.3 million (previous year: €744.8 million) despite investments in strategic growth areas. Underlying net income rose by 6.8 per cent to €379.7 million (previous year: €355.5 million). The strongest revenue driver was once again the Digital [...]

Search Archive

Search by Date
Search by Category
Search by keyword
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001-2014