Advanced Television

OTT revenue to top $5.6bn by 2014

September 16, 2009

According to a report from The Diffusion Group, revenue from the delivery of Internet video to the TV will grow nearly six-fold in the next five years, from a meagre $1 billion in 2009 to $5.7 billion in 2014.

TDG says that in 2009, pay-per-view services will account for 96 per cent of global OTT revenue, leaving subscription revenue with only 4 per cent of the revenue mix. By 2014, however, annual OTT subscription revenue will have grown 50-fold and account for 31 per cent of global revenue.

Categories: Advertising, Broadband, OTT, OTT, Research Library