YahSat and New Dawn ready – again
April 18, 2011
By Chris Forrester
The countdown for Arianespace’s Flight 201 is on again. The original launch was suspended on March 30 in the final seconds prior to lift-off when an on-board anomaly was detected on the launch vehicle.
YahSat Y1A and Intelsat’s New Dawn will now take to the skies aboard the giant Ariane 5 ECA rocket on the evening of Friday April 22nd. The full timings are given below.
– Friday, April 22 at 6:37 p.m., local time in Kourou, French Guiana
– Friday, April 22, at 5:37 p.m. in Washington D.C.,
– Friday, April 22, at 21:37 UTC,
– Friday, April 22, at 11:37 p.m. in Paris, and
– Saturday, April 23 at 1:37 a.m. in Abu Dhabi.
Arianespace says its next two launches are also now firmly in the calendar, with Flight 202 launching on May 19th, and Flight 203 (with Astra 1N and BSAT-3c on board) on June 29th.