Advanced Television

MoCA passes 100 certified products milestone

August 30, 2011

MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) has passed a significant milestone with the announcement that more than 100 MoCA products have now been certified. More than 45 per cent of all certifications have occurred since the start of 2010, underlining the strong growth trajectory of the MoCA standard.

The majority (about 85 per cent) of the 100 plus MoCA-certified products, which are all video-specific, are used by pay TV operators.  The remaining 15 per cent are available in retail and installer channels. Product categories include: routers, set-top boxes, Ethernet-to-coax bridges, optical network terminals and cable modems.

Already the dominant technology standard for whole home content sharing and DVR in North America, MoCA’s opportunities for further growth include new geographies – particularly Europe – and new channels, such as the home installer/retail sectors.

Categories: Articles, Regulation, Standards