Advanced Television

Kabel BW up 15%, Liberty Global circles

November 10, 2011

Kabel BW, which Liberty Global wants to buy for €3.16 billion has reported nine-month adjusted earnings rose 15 per cent as customers bought more pay-TV and Internet services. EBITDA rose to €268.1 million from €232.5 million a year earlier, the company said.

Liberty Global is waiting for Germany’s antitrust regulator to decide by December 15th whether it can acquire the company. It says it has offered concessions, and co-Chief Financial Officer Charles Bracken said he is “confident” the bid will succeed.

Sales in the first nine months rose 11 per cent to €456.4 million on a 25 per cent increase in Internet and phone customers and as the company added 75,000 mobile customers, up from a total 1,000 subscribers a year earlier. The number of pay-television rose 36 per cent. Average revenue per customer rose in the third quarter to €19.3 from €17.8.

Categories: Articles, Business, Cable, M&A, Pay TV