Netflix unveils Xbox 360 Experience
December 8, 2011
Netflix has released a new member experience for Xbox 360 users. Netflix states the new Xbox interface makes it more intuitive and easier to explore the expanding Netflix catalogue.
“For the first time, the Netflix interface on Xbox has been created entirely by Netflix, offering a unique member experience,” said Neil Hunt, chief product officer at Netflix. “The new Netflix interface provides the best experience for watching TV shows and movies on Xbox, with significant improvements in browsing titles and a richer playback experience together with voice and gesture interactions.”
The new Netflix experience on Xbox 360 offers:
– Up to three times as many titles available on a single screen
– Display of three related titles at the end of a movie
– An easy way to play the next episode following a TV show
– Rich interaction during play, including display of related titles, rating capability, control of subtitles and audio settings, all simply by engaging the bottom of the screen
– Control of the Netflix browsing and play experience with voice and gestures through Kinect for Xbox 360
– Adaptive streaming that automatically optimizes the picture quality based on the available bandwidth
– Support for 720p HD streaming and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
Netflix members who don’t currently use Xbox can download and install the Netflix application from within the Xbox Marketplace. An Xbox LIVE Gold membership, high-speed Internet connection and a Netflix unlimited streaming membership are required.