At The Cable Show 2012 in Boston, May 21-23, Arris Group will showcase an array of new products that expand its vision of next generation converged IP solutions. The Company will demonstrate how it can help cable service providers reach their service goals and satisfy subscribers’ demands for bandwidth, content and anytime/anywhere flexibility.
“Today’s consumers expect to move between screens and services fluidly. Cable operators must offer this capability while maintaining a high level of service,” said Arris SVP Marketing & Business Development Stan Brovont. “At the Cable Show, Arris will demonstrate solutions to help operators deliver more multi-screen services, find ways to increase ARPU and reduce churn, and derive maximum value from their investments.”
Highlights of the demonstrations in Arris booth # 967 will include:
• The Touchstone Telephony Gateway TG1672, featuring 16 downstream channel bonding with Dual Band Concurrent Wi-Fi and integrated MoCA.
• The Media Services Platform MSP2800, which features the high density QAM application, CCAP migration ability, video content grooming and ad insertion operations.
• The Arris Whole Home Solution, with DLNA and DTCP-IP functionality, which enables media sharing and encrypted protection for content distribution within the home. Also on display will be the Moxi Release 2.0 software that enables mobile applications, an advanced HTML5 web browser and software development kit.
• The ConvergeMedia portfolio of advertising solutions which powers the management and insertion of traditional zoned, interactive (EBIF) ads, and targeted ads for linear and on-demand programming
• ServAssure™ Network Monitoring and WorkAssure Workforce Management tools that proactively optimize network operations, reduce cost and complexity, and ensure a premium customer experience.
• The Arris 1 GHz-capable CHP CORWave energy efficient dual density forward transmitter, and high density, multi-wavelength, 1550 nm CHP optics.
• The VIPr advanced video processing platform, a second-generation video transcoder that generates video streams in multiple bit rates, multiple formats and multiple resolutions to support a wide array of multi-screen video display devices needed to support a wide array high quality HD/SD video delivery.
• Arris Wi-Fi solutions in collaboration with Ruckus Wireless – a suite of advanced indoor and outdoor wireless solutions designed for business services, hospitality and residential opportunities.
Arris experts will also outline how some of the above solutions can be strategically applied to operators’ individual architectures during the following conference sessions:
• Carol Ansley: Sticking to the Protocol: Implementing Best-in-Class IP Video Delivery Techniques
• Ayham Al-Banna: The Gigabit Network: New Possibilities in HFC