ESPN Goals ups game for 2012/13 season
August 17, 2012
ESPN Goals, the free mobile app which brings UK fans video of goals and highlights from every Barclays Premier League match within minutes of action taking place, is back with an enhanced version for the new football season.
New features include:
- Fans can watch video from selected ESPN studio-based programming, such as its pre- and post-match studio analysis around its live televised football coverage, and video previews of upcoming matches featuring ESPN’s line-up of football experts.
- Introducing in-app social media functionality: video highlights can be shared with other ESPN Goals users and friends who do not have the app
- Enhanced video quality and design across all platforms: a new club personalisation tab allowing fans to track all videos, fixtures, news and scores around their clubs,
- Goal and video alerts including half time, full time and weekend round-up clips
- Key season stats – top scorers, assists and discipline
- New Android version plus widget on home screen displaying live information when games are on.
ESPN Goals is available, at no cost to football fans, via Apple iTunes, Android Market, Nokia’s OVI Store, the Blackberry App World, and Windows Phone Marketplace – covering the entire range of major smartphone platforms. ESPN Goals brings fans video of goals and match action from every Barclays Premier League match all season long, live scores, and fixtures from around the league, an enhanced, easy-to-use video-led interface, and, sends fans notifications alerting fans when goals are scored.
ESPN Goals complements ESPN’s multi-platform football offering this coming season. Online and on mobile, ESPN will provide UK fans with the latest news, information, analysis, and exclusive video on ESPN.co.uk and ESPNFC.com, the sports media company’s recently announced worldwide multimedia football initiative. On TV, ESPN brings fans the Barclays Premier League, plus, a wide range of UK and European football, which this season also includes the FA Cup, UEFA Europa League, Bundesliga, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, and, other European domestic leagues.
Arne Rees, vice president, digital media, ESPN International, suggested that for fans, ESPN Goals continued to establish its popularity by demonstrating its ability to connect them with Barclays Premier League football on the move, anytime, anywhere. “These enhancements for the new season further demonstrate our commitment to serving fans across multiple platforms, and following the recent launch of ESPN FC, fans and brands can expect further developments in mobile from ESPN in the UK,” he added.