EchoStar ready to inspire at IBC2012
September 10, 2012
EchoStar , a leading supplier of added-value, connected device solutions to the digital TV industry, is showcasing a comprehensive range of connected device solutions designed to enable pay TV operators to inspire their customers with a new generation of connected IP services at IBC2012.
Cost effective, yet feature rich set-top box (STB) and digital video recording (DVR) solutions for cable, satellite and terrestrial TV operators will be showcased alongside IP solutions to provide operators with the ability to reach consumers with entertainment services through broadcast, over-the-top (OTT), multi-room and multi-screen channels. EchoStar’s stand will have an international feel with an array of connected device solutions showcasing the company’s numerous product deployments around the world.
Showcasing in Hall 1 stand #F76:
– Ultra Slim Box – the slimmest commercially available digital TV recorder in the world. Despite a profile of just 14mm, the highly innovative Ultra Slim Box’s feature set is uncompromised with a 500GB high capacity hard disk drive, twin tuner, HDMI connection and Internet connectivity.
– Android-powered IP set-top box – designed to enable operators and content providers to enrich their service portfolios by extending services over IP using an extensive, scalable web-centric application development platform. Visitors will be able to check out live app demonstrations featuring popular games and other compelling content delivered over the Internet to the TV screen. Watch out for a new hybrid version that EchoStar will be launching at the show.
– Whole Home DVR – The award-winning XiP ecosystem – as deployed by DISH in its Hopper and Joey whole-home HD DVR solution – features a highly-advanced DVR and simple thin-client devices that provide the ultimate full HD DVR-sharing solution for the home. Packed with additional features, the DVR boasts three tuners, a 2TB internal hard drive, expandable storage, our patented PrimeTime Anytime video delivery technology and even a remote control finder.
– Connected Devices – an extensive range of cost effective and advanced STBs incorporating EchoStar’s own embedded software currently deployed on pay TV networks throughout the world. All connected devices, from entry-level HD STBs to fully-featured advanced multi-room DVRs, have been designed to support the industry’s leading content security and middleware solutions.
– TV Anywhere – multi-screen device ecosystem including Slingbox® retail products, the SlingPlayer® Mobile suite of applications and integrated SlingLoaded® technology.
– Award Nominations – EchoStar’s innovative Ultra Slim Box and versatile Android™-powered IP STB have both been shortlisted for Cable and Satellite International’s product of the year awards, whilst the Ultra Slim box has also been nominated for the connected home display device of the year at the Connected World.TV awards. All awards will be announced at IBC.
“IBC presents a unique opportunity for exhibitors to showcase technology to an international audience”, commented Rhod Williams Senior Vice President and General Manager of EchoStar in Europe. “We have brought together a showcase of inspirational product solutions that have been deployed around the world – highlights include an IP-based Whole Home DVR ecosystem deployed in North America, the slimmest digital TV recorder launched in the UK and an advanced cable DVR supplied to the German pay TV market – our objective is to provide a mix of solutions that offer a roadmap to enable operators to extend services over IP to capture new audiences and retain subscribers”.