BT offers ‘free’ £299 YouView box
September 20, 2012
BT will offer a free YouView set top box with no TV subscription to all new BT Infinity customers. Broadband customers not in an Infinity enabled area will also be able to get a free YouView box when they subscribe to TV Essential, starting at £4 per month (€5).
YouView from BT will be available with all of BT’s TV and broadband packages and will launch on October 26th. Existing customers can also upgrade to YouView for £49.
Alex Green, director TV, BT Retail, said: “This is a fantastic offer. Customers will now be able to enjoy BT’s super-fast fibre broadband with a YouView box and TV Essential pack all for £18 per month. With YouView from BT not only can customers experience a great new way to watch TV they will also be able to access a huge range of on-demand content from BT Vision. The launch of YouView from BT is another piece of exciting news about BT’s plans for TV.”
With YouView from BT, BT says boats its customers can enjoy:
– More than 100 digital TV and radio channels
– Seven day catch-up TV allowing customers to scroll back and catch up across all the channels from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
– On-demand content from BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD, Demand5, Milkshake and NowTV with more content providers on the way
– Access to BT Vision, the largest library of video on-demand on YouView, with over five thousand programmes, including blockbuster and classic films, the best UK and US TV shows, kids shows, sports and the only place where you can find the latest HD films and music videos on YouView.
– Self-install YouView HUMAX box – customers with BT broadband can be up and running as soon as it arrives
– BT’s YouView box comes with 500Gb hard drive, able to store up to 300 hours of SD TV or around 125 hours of HD TV
– All of this with market leading broadband, up to 8x faster than the UK average
There is a £49 activation charge, £6.95 delivery charge for the hub and line rental applies.