Aston announces partnership in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and End-to-end HbbTV solution.
March 12, 2013
Aston has announced a major agreement for the integration of Viaccess’ Embedded CAS (card-less CAS) solution into Aston’s full range of premium STBs and CAMs as well as the interoperability of Aston’s HbbTV front-end with Viaccess’ back-end system.
The agreement is an extension of the existing long-term partnership between the two companies which already lead to Viaccess’ latest technology card-based system integration in Aston’s most advanced STBs and CAMs.
The new agreement has a worldwide scope with a specific focus in the MENA region.
A world’s première showcase at Cabsat
Aston and Viaccess have closely cooperated to achieve the Embedded CAS technology integration in Aston’s flagship products. The cooperation has lead to the availability of the best in class Aston’s Xena HD Twin + receiver with embedded technology. The Xena HD Twin + features an impressive list of technological musts: Hybrid DVB-S2/IP, HD, PVR ready, dual tuner, HbbTV, multi-room, OTT and Push VOD ready. The Xena HD Twin + will be demonstrated in operation decrypting the operators’ programs with the Viaccess Embedded CAS solution. In addition, Aston’s HbbTV front-end has been integrated with Viaccess’ HbbTV back-end system paving the way for operators’ hurdle free short term HbbTV deployments.
Highly secured Embedded CAS and HbbTV solution
The Aston and Viaccess solution is a complete end-to-end solution providing:
- Highly secure Viaccess Embedded CAS
- HbbTV front-end and associated interactive services such as VoD & EPG
- Service delivery and content discovery platforms ready-to-deploy
A long term partnership
Aston has a long track record of cooperation with Viaccess content protection solutions and has launched so far an impressive number of world premières:
- Xena HD Twin +: the first Mpeg4 HD DVB S2 hybrid, dual tuner, PVR ready, multi-room and HbbTV receiver with latest generation ACS 5.0 card-based system
- MiniSat: the first CI+ 1.3 secured and PVR ready consumer CAM with ACS 5.0 card-based system. The PVR capability on a consumer CAM is an Aston patented worldwide
- The first and only professional secured CAM capable to decrypt 16 simultaneous channels using ACS 4.1 card-based system
- The first End to End HbbTV and Embedded CAS and card-less multi-room solution
“Aston, through its strategic partnership with Viaccess, has demonstrated its ability to address major operators’ high quality design expectations as well as premium content security requirements”, said Stéphane Nitenberg, Aston’s General Manager. “beIN SPORT, Canal+, SSR, Eutelsat/Fransat, NTV-PLUS and TNS count among our common customers. With the joint effort around the Embedded CAS solution integration on its full range of cutting edge receivers, Aston shows its commitment to further strengthen its cooperation with Viaccess and significantly expand its business growth in the MENA region and beyond.”
Aston and Viaccess will actively cooperate to promote their joint offer with their key customers.