Claro will not fight Uruguay DTT ban
May 20, 2013
By Chris Forrester
Uruguay last week cancelled the DTH transmission licence of Claro. Claro is ultimately owned by telco giant America Movil. At the time of the cancellation Claro said it would fight the Uruguayan decision. It has now changed it mind.
Claro’s general manager Roberto Alvarellos now says that his company will do nothing, adding that the business has always set out to be non-confrontational. “We have different points of view and we will [let the government officials] know those views. But as the decision is a done deal we are no longer interested in getting into greater controversy.”