Advanced Television

ITV acquires Thinkfactory Media

June 19, 2013

ITV has confirmed it is acquiring a controlling stake in Thinkfactory Media, a US producer of reality, entertainment and drama, including the Emmy award-winning Hatfields & McCoys.

ITV will pay an upfront cash consideration of $30 million for a 65 per cent stake in Thinkfactory Media, with a put and call option to buy the remaining 35 per cent of the company. The put and call option could be exercised from between 3 years after the initial deal and at the end of year 5 with the total amount paid linked to the performance of the company over that period.

Categories: Articles, Business, Content, M&A, Production