TV Connect Exhibition will see TV Everywhere confirmed as the Future of the TV Industry
March 12, 2014
TV Connect, the world’s leading connected entertainment event, has announced that the 10th anniversary (18-20 March, Olympia, London) will showcase exciting new innovations in multiscreen media and confirm that TV Everywhere is the Holy Grail that solutions providers and operators are all seeking.
Each year, TV Connect sees vendors from all over the world demonstrate the latest developments in TV. Over the past decade the TV and media industry has seen services shift from the legacy living room TV screen to an “always-on” model, reflecting the consumer demand for entertainment everywhere.
Joanna Jones, Events Director for TV Connect, Informa, commented: “The television is an amazing invention providing a unifying experience like no other and is only going to get better as the medium evolves in new and exciting ways.This year’s show will confirm that ‘TV Everywhere’ is the Holy Grail every solutions provider and operator is trying to deliver. It is clear from talking to exhibitors ahead of the show that the multiscreen TV Everywhere revolution is the dominant driving force in today’s TV industry. I look forward to seeing how exhibitors meet the TV Everywhere challenge at the tenth anniversary of the TV Connect exhibition”.
Companies exhibiting at TV Connect 2014 that are enabling the TV Everywhere revolution include:
- ActiveVideo will demonstrate how its CloudTV AdCast platform is delivering interactive TV ads at scale across any set-top box or connected device by decoupling interactive ads from device dependencies. Leveraging the streaming of web-style interactive brand experiences to Roku devices in a presentation at TV Connect (12:20pm on 19th March), ActiveVideo is addressing one of the key issues facing pay-TV and online video providers: how to monetize content amidst increasing fragmentation of devices and changing viewer habits.
- Arkena and the TDF Group (stand 35) will be introducing SALTO, the first restart service available on every HbbTV compliant TV-set, making it the perfect combination of broadcast and broadband. The free service enables any TV viewer to restart a program by simply pressing a button on the remote control. The DTT broadcast signal then displays an actionable pop-up to restart the program through the Arkena CDN.
- ATX Networks (stand 208) will demonstrate its VersAtivePro transcoding platform, which is part of its complete end-to-end video processing solution. The high quality, low cost professional transcoder features a simplified licensing scheme to add multiple output profiles/bitrates (including mirroring) without additional charges or licenses. The VersAtivePro offers high density and supports centralized cluster management with advanced redundancy.
- CTDI (stand 192) will reveal how its Gen3 Tester supports STB returns activity and high-volume STB testing. The Gen3 tester provides an automated loading process using CTDI’s unique lever system, which significantly reduces test set-up time. The Gen3 loading trays are interchangeable, allowing the operator to test multiple set top box model types from different manufacturers simultaneously.
- Ericsson (stand 113) will showcase the next generation of breakthrough TV experiences, driven by its unique position at the convergence of media and IP. Ericsson will highlight its Future TV Anywhere vision which brings modern Web technologies to the TV operator world, enabling operators to combine the quality of service and content depth of Pay TV with the interactivity and multi-screen capabilities of Over the Top (OTT) video. Ericsson will also show its multi-screen video processing solutions, addressing the growing need to deliver high quality video to different devices. Visitors will also be able to see next-generation network developments with Ericsson’s new plug-in ecosystem for CDN and the latest from LTE Broadcast.
- NPTV (stand 29) will present its cloud-based, interactive, and device-agnostic next-generation sports broadcast solution that enables operators to deliver video content and cutting edge interactive services without any infrastructure costs. Rendered in the cloud and viewed on any screen via an ultra-thin client, NPTV apps combine multi-cam views, real-time data and interactive graphics to create unprecedented personalised live sports viewing experiences that understand the viewer’s habits, interests and social connections. Visitors will also get the chance to be one of the first to experience NPTV’s scalable WTCC interactive racing app, which allows for the instant deployment of new features and updates.
- Viaccess-Orca (stand 115) will showcase itscomprehensive multiscreen solution which includes content protection (Eye On Piracy), digital rights management (DRM), content discovery and recommendation (COMPASS) as well as companion device applications. Viaccess-Orca’s solution can increase subscriber engagement, customer loyalty, satisfaction and revenue as well as help operators monitor piracy breaches and ensure their content investments are not compromised. Additionally, a demonstration of DEEP (Data Enrichment and Engagement Platform) will enable viewers to browse thousands of unique digital magazines related to the video content in the provider’s catalogue or program guide through an intuitive user interface.
- Visiware will demonstrate its turnkey platform which creates rich companion experiences along with a host of unique content. Visiware end-to-user solutions are leading the technology, UI and UX marketplace through collaborations with the likes of NFL, Sony, Endemol, Dish, Disney, ITV and FujiTV, enabling it to deliver specialist interactive TV across a wide variety of genres for tablets, smartphones, PC and Smart-TV.