Olympusat launches 7 networks with Liberty Cablevision
August 14, 2014
Olympusat, the owner and distributor of independent Spanish-language TV networks, including 35+ HD networks, announces its distribution deal with Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico. The cable company is set to launch 7 Olympusat SD and HD networks, via cable, to all of its subscribers across the Eastern, Central and Northern regions of Puerto Rico.
“We are grateful to present our subscribers with these Olympusat networks, which fulfill our clients’ needs for variety and affordable quality content in Spanish,” stated Naji Khoury, CEO of Liberty Cablevision.
The following Olympusat networks are now available on both the Español de Primera and Ultimate Plus packages:
- Ultra Clásico – Comprised of digitally re-mastered movies from the Golden age of Mexican and Latin American Cinema, fully restored to their original glory in HD.
- Ultra Macho – Dedicated to Latino men, this new HD channel features the best in Mexican wrestling, extreme sports and automobile series.
- Ultra Kidz – The first channel for kids in HD providing pre-school programming in the mornings then transitioning to older kids and teens in the afternoons and evenings.
- Ultra Film – The first HD network offering the best in modern films from around the world, dubbed or originally produced in Spanish.
- Cuba Play – The first and only network featuring 100% Cuban-produced television programming, carefully selected and free of any political affiliation.
Additionally, Daystar Television and FUNinmation Channel are offered via Liberty Cable’s Ultimate Plus package. The fast-growing Christian network Daystar Television provides faith-based programming focused on family-friendly, lifestyle and inspirational television. FUNimation Channel is the only 24/7 network in the U.S. delivering the most sought after anime titles.
We are pleased that Liberty has chosen to pick up these 7 networks, to add to Olympusat’s 30+ network-portfolio currently broadcasting in Puerto Rico,” said Tom Mohler, CEO of Olympusat. “This is another big win for us and Liberty because of the high quality HD channels that their subscribers are gaining.”