Quantenna Communications, a specialist in high performance Wi-Fi, and SoftAtHome, provider of home operating platforms enabling convergent services for the digital home, have formed a partnership to deliver the next generation of wireless home networks.
This partnership covers multiple areas of innovation focused on Wi-Fi and home networking, including:
· SOP7 by SoftAtHome as the latest embedded software platform now available to OEMs servicing the broadcast, broadband and telecom operator market,
· Connectivity between gateway and devices powered by SoftAtHome software, whether set-top boxes, NAS or dongles,
· Band steering to ensure optimal performance for all connected devices in the home. By having the access point automatically assigning devices to specific bandwidth channels,
· P1905 standard bandwidth management to ensure every medium receives the greatest network intelligence, from Wi-Fi to HPNA and Power Line Communication
· Cloud-based Wi-Fi network management allowing powerful real time analytics to optimize the home Wi-Fi network
“We are very pleased to collaborate with Quantenna,” said Michel Degland, CEO of SoftAtHome. “We have the opportunity to prepare the next-generation connected home since higher Wi-Fi bandwidth performance and intelligent home networking are the key elements for service providers to propose the best services to their customers.”