CONtv has announced an expansive portfolio of acquired film and television content that will be available on the new digital network.
Launching in early 2015, the direct-to-consumer digital service geared specifically for fans in the Comic Con community, will also include the previously announced original programme “Fight of the Living Dead,” a horror-competition series from Alpine Labs, BlackBoxTV and Revolver Picture Company. CONtv plans to announce additional programming initiatives, original series and talent partnerships in the coming weeks.
Spanning cult television, sci-fi, horror and fantasy films, grindhouse classics, thrilling martial arts adventures, and more, CONtv’s extensive launch offering includes:
· Superhero Action: “He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe,” “Voltron,” Trial of the Incredible Hulk, “She-Ra: Princess Of Power”
· Cult Classics: Godzilla, Death Race 2000, Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark, Return Of The Killer Tomatoes, Beware the Blob, Transylvania 6-5000, Night Patrol
· Horror: Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, I Spit On Your Grave (#1 and #2), Hellboy: Blood & Iron, Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Ichi The Killer, Puppet Master, Embrace of the Vampire
· Martial Arts: Fists of Fury, Shaolin, Man From Nowhere, War of the Arrows, Legend of the Fist, Yakuza Weapon, Blade of Kings, Lady Ninja
· Gaming: “Sonic The Hedgehog,” “Super Mario Bros,” “Legend Of Zelda,” “Stargate Infinity,” “Street Fighter Alpha,” “Heavenly Sword”
· Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television: UK’s “Being Human,” “Farscape,” “Highlander,” “Demon King,” “Stargate Infinity”
· Anime: “Yu-Gi-Oh,” “Beyblade,” “Digimon,” “Ghost in the Shell,” “High School Of The Dead,” “Saint Seiya,” “Angel Beats,” “Clannad”
CONtv is a joint venture between Cinedigm, an independent content distributor, and Wizard World, a producer of live pop culture multimedia conventions.
“CONtv is at the apex of fan culture,” said Bill Sondheim, President of Cinedigm Entertainment. “It’s a celebration of the best in fandom, with carefully selected and curated content from some of the industry’s top creators.”