CONtv reveals programming slate
December 15, 2014
By Nik Roseveare
CONtv has announced an expansive portfolio of acquired film and television content that will be available on the new digital network.
Launching in early 2015, the direct-to-consumer digital service geared specifically for fans in the Comic Con community, will also include the previously announced original programme “Fight of the Living Dead,” a horror-competition series from Alpine Labs, BlackBoxTV and Revolver Picture Company. CONtv plans to announce additional programming initiatives, original series and talent partnerships in the coming weeks.
Spanning cult television, sci-fi, horror and fantasy films, grindhouse classics, thrilling martial arts adventures, and more, CONtv’s extensive launch offering includes:
· Superhero Action: “He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe,” “Voltron,” Trial of the Incredible Hulk, “She-Ra: Princess Of Power”
· Cult Classics: Godzilla, Death Race 2000, Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark, Return Of The Killer Tomatoes, Beware the Blob, Transylvania 6-5000, Night Patrol
· Horror: Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, I Spit On Your Grave (#1 and #2), Hellboy: Blood & Iron, Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Ichi The Killer, Puppet Master, Embrace of the Vampire
· Martial Arts: Fists of Fury, Shaolin, Man From Nowhere, War of the Arrows, Legend of the Fist, Yakuza Weapon, Blade of Kings, Lady Ninja
· Gaming: “Sonic The Hedgehog,” “Super Mario Bros,” “Legend Of Zelda,” “Stargate Infinity,” “Street Fighter Alpha,” “Heavenly Sword”
· Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television: UK’s “Being Human,” “Farscape,” “Highlander,” “Demon King,” “Stargate Infinity”
· Anime: “Yu-Gi-Oh,” “Beyblade,” “Digimon,” “Ghost in the Shell,” “High School Of The Dead,” “Saint Seiya,” “Angel Beats,” “Clannad”
CONtv is a joint venture between Cinedigm, an independent content distributor, and Wizard World, a producer of live pop culture multimedia conventions.
“CONtv is at the apex of fan culture,” said Bill Sondheim, President of Cinedigm Entertainment. “It’s a celebration of the best in fandom, with carefully selected and curated content from some of the industry’s top creators.”