Strong growth in mobile advertising spend, increasing momentum in the mobile payments sector, and the rising influence of Asian companies on the global mobile media landscape are among over ten predictions highlighted in a report from Strategy Analytics’ Wireless Media Strategies (WMS) and Application Ecosystem Opportunities (AEO) services.
The report highlights the key trends that will impact the highly dynamic apps and mobile media industry in 2015.
1. Consumer and advertiser spend on mobile media to pass the $300 billion mark
2. Mobile advertising momentum continues to build as spend approaches $30 billion
3. Chinese/ Asian developers and content publishers increase their rising influence on the global apps market
4. Operator data monetisation plans hit by continued net neutrality uncertainty
5. Apple Pay ignites NFC-based and non-NFC mobile payment activity beyond the US
6. Facebook launches a payment platform for the youth
7. Global eBooks market reaches $10 billion with growth predicted to slow
8. Joyn/ RCS Launches to accelerate, but unlikely to impact OTT messaging providers
9. App Store market dynamic, Microsoft captures third place from Nokia, but Google Play and App Store remain leaders by some margin
10. Connected Car app ambitions of car makers continue to stall
Copyright Advanced Television Ltd © 2001–2020
Maintained by Elrond Limited