Advanced Television

Argentina FTA-satellite targets 100,000

January 7, 2015

By Chris Forrester

Argentina’s ARSAT (Argentina de Soluciones Satelitales) says it is looking to connect 100,000 satellite users to its digital free-to-air broadcasts by next year (2016).

Matías Bianchi, president of ARSAT, says his company is planning to roll out a digital terrestrial infrastructure covering some 85 per cent of the country, while the remaining 15 per cent will be reached by its satellite ARSAT-1 which launched last October.  ARSAT already has 85 re-transmission towers in place and plans of having 120 towers in position by next year.

Currently just 16 channels are available free-to-air  (TV Pública, Encuentro, Paka Paka, TaTeTi, Incaa TV, Tecnópolis TV, Construir TV, DeporTV, Vivra, Arpeggio, Viajar, CN23, C5N, Telesur, 360 TV and RT) but other channels are being added in certain regions while the Buenos Aires region offers viewers 26 channels.

Categories: Articles, DTH/Satellite