INSIDE Secure DRM Fusion adds support for Google Widevine Modular DRM system
January 8, 2016
INSIDE Secure, a specilaist in embedded security solutions for mobile and connected devices, today announced it is enhancing its award-winning Digital Rights Management (DRM) Fusion solution with support for Google’s Widevine DRM system. The updated content protection solution meets Hollywood studios’ requirement for increased security as outlined in the MovieLabs Specification for Enhanced Content Protection V1.1. DRM Fusion is a multi-DRM solution, allowing broadcasters to choose among DRM solutions and save time and money by only having to develop their player application once to access multiple popular DRM solutions.
OTT content distribution is a fast growing market that requires dynamic and flexible solutions for content protection.According to the Global OTT TV & Video Forecasts report from Digital TV Research in June 2015, global OTT TV and video revenues [covering 64 countries] will reach $51.1 billion in 2020; a massive increase from the $4.2 billion recorded in 2010 and the $26.0 billion expected in 2015. This trend is driven by consumers’ demand to access popular content anywhere, anytime and from any device. What is becoming a must-have for consumers however represents a technical challenge for content providers and broadcasters.
“Irrespective of the platform and the content owners’ security requirements, we can meet their security needs; from a software-only solution to meet Google’s Widevine Level 3, to a Level 1 solution where unencrypted video is never available outside of a device’s Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) or a secure connection during transmission,” said Andrew McLennan, Executive Vice President of the Mobile Security Division of INSIDE Secure. “INSIDE Secure can help our customers protect premium content, including 4K/UHD and HDR content, anywhere it is on Smart TVs, set-top-boxes, game consoles, smartphones or tablets.”
Benefits of DRM Fusion include:
- Technology from the market leader: DRM Fusion has been deployed over 80 times by broadcasters, including HBO, BBC, Sky, Orange, Canal+, and Bell Canada, and is used by more than 100 million consumers every day
- Approved by Hollywood studios for premium content distribution
- Based on INSIDE Secure’s award-winning application protection solution that includes integrity checking, anti-reverse engineering and the scrambling of keys and other secrets.
- Support for Google Widevine DRM and Microsoft® PlayReady®
- A multi-DRM solution, allowing broadcasters to choose among DRM solutions to provide the most suitable security and customer experience
- Save time and money by only having to develop a player application once to access multiple popular DRM solutions.