Online retails giant Amazon’s Q4 saw operating cash flow increased 74 per cent to $11.9 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $6.8 billion for the trailing twelve months ended December 31st 2014.
OTT and TV device highlights for quarter include:
– Fire TV remains the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S., having added over 1,000 new apps, channels, and games since September, including NBC, NBC Sports, Watch HGTV, Watch Food Network, and Watch Travel Channel.
– The $50 Fire tablet has been the #1 best-selling, most gifted, and most wished-for product across all items available on Amazon.com since its introduction 19 weeks ago.
Prime Video continues to grow internationally with nearly double the streaming customers compared with fourth quarter 2014.
– The Prime-exclusive Original Series Mozart in the Jungle received two Golden Globes for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy and Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy (Gael García Bernal).
– Over the holidays Prime members made The Man in The High Castle the most watched series on Prime Video by 4.5x. The Amazon Original Series received outstanding critical acclaim, including USA Today calling it the “best new drama of the season.”
– The second season of hit show Transparent was named as one of the top television series of 2015 by The New York Times, Variety, IndieWire, and The New Yorker.
– Amazon Studios released its first Original Movie Chi-Raq, directed by Spike Lee, to rave reviews. The film has been included in 2015 “Best Films” lists from LA Weekly, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Slant and Vulture.