DEV Systemtechnik ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix with ISA option
April 13, 2016
DEV Systemtechnik, a Quintech Company, announces that its ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix Switch now comes with an Integrated Spectrum Analyzer (ISA) option, which offers cable head end operations managers even more features and benefits. The ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix Switch with ISA gives operators the ability to easily and flexibly analyze their RF and Satellite signals via a Graphical User Interface over Ethernet, or the ARCHIMEDES’ Multi-Touch Display. The new option for the ARCHIMEDES Distributing Matrix can be integrated to meet customer requirements.
RF signals at both the output of the ARCHIMEDES Matrix, and from separate equipment can be analyzed without the need for additional rack space or measurement equipment. “This makes the product ideally suited for systems operators in head ends, since signal analysis and optimization operations can be readily performed with an ‘always-available’ built-in spectrum analyzer device,” says Oliver Herzberger, Strategic Technology Manager at DEV Systemtechnik.
DEV’s ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix Differentiators:
- Remote Operation: Operators have the ability to easily and flexibly perform analysis of RF and Satellite signals from a remote location without being physically present at the head end. This saves time and labor, which means increased ROI.
- Space savings: The Integrated Spectrum Analyzer frees valuable rack space rather than using independent spectrum analysis equipment.
- “Always-available”: The Spectrum Analysis is always on in real time.
- Multi-functional Solution: ARCHIMEDES enables analysis of RF Signals from the Matrix, or from separate equipment needed for additional measurements.
- “Ease of Use” and optional Recording of RF and Satellite signal measurements.
”The result of these advantages is that operators gain the most flexible L-Band distributing matrix for optimized operation of the head end,” says Oliver Herzberger. ”The ARCHIMEDES L-Band Distributing Matrix in 4RU with configurations up to 64×64 is stronger, smaller and smarter, with the most competitive cost to performance ratio. The Integrated Spectrum Analyzer option differentiates the Matrix even further,” he adds.