Fox’s Outcast delivers 26m views globally
June 29, 2016
Fox, the international entertainment brand, and a unit of Fox Networks Group, drew a record 26 million views for the international premiere of Outcast across its linear broadcast and an social media and online release.
Outcast is the group’s first original series from in-house production unit, Fox International Studios. It is the second Robert Kirkman franchise that Fox airs day & date and controls internationally, following the staggering success of The Walking Dead. Outcast launched its ten-episode season worldwide in over 125 countries on June 3rd.
Highlights from metered markets across Europe, Asia and Latin America, where Live+7 data was available shows:
The social media and online release, which made the full first episode of Outcast available to stream for free two weeks ahead of the series’ linear premiere on Facebook, YouTube and Fox-owned authenticated streaming service Fox Play, drew a total of 18.7 million views.
The linear premiere of Outcast had a total global Live+7 TV reach of 7.4 million viewers (including encores):
In Asia Pacific, the first episode of Outcast had over 3.6 million views, marking the debut as one of the groups most successful to date. For example:
– Measured against prime-time averages, the Outcast premiere in Malaysia saw an increase of 1744 per cent for the slot,
– In Korea Outcast quadrupled the ratings for that slot, and
– In Australia and the Philippines, it doubled the ratings for that slot.
– The multi-platform promotional campaign around Outcast reached 48 million people across the region.
Pan-regionally across Latin America, Outcast was the most successful launch of a new series on the group’s premium pay service, Fox+, delivering a 22 per cent share of audience and ranking #1 among competitors. Across all windows, Latin America contributed 11.3 million views to the international total.
In Europe, consolidated viewership added 11.2 million views to the international total, and set new performance benchmarks in several countries. For example:
– In Norway, Outcast rated as the best series launch ever on the channel in A12+. In A21-50, it scored more than double the previous record.
– In Portugal, Outcast’s debut episode boosted Fox to its best Monday since April, and the series launch led among movies & series channels.