TiVo unveils 6-tuner BOLT+
September 13, 2016
Entertainment technology and audience insights specialist TiVo is showcasing its latest addition to the TiVo BOLT family, the TiVo BOLT+, at home technology show CEDIA 2016 in Dallas. The TiVo BOLT+ includes six tuners, 3TB of recording capacity, and a new black chassis, creating what the company describes as the “ultimate” multi-room video experience for customers looking for a best-in-class, all-in-one entertainment device.
“With the TiVo BOLT+, our goal is to deliver the best DVR ever sold to consumers and continue to deliver a product with features that provide great value for our resell partners. The 4K TiVo BOLT+ is the all-in-one video system people have been waiting for,” said Ira Bahr, general manager of TiVo retail products. “The ultimate multi-room video set up, TiVo BOLT+ eliminates some of the install hassle resellers run into including expensive matrix switchers, while providing the unified entertainment features that users have come to expect and are excited about.”
TiVo BOLT+ includes the following features from its predecessor, the TiVo BOLT:
- 4K: Connect TiVo BOLT+ to a 4K TV and stream content in ultra-high-definition resolution with spectacular, eye-popping colour and detail.
- SkipMode: Skip commercial breaks of recorded shows with the press of a single button.
- QuickMode: Watch recordings 30 percent faster with pitch-corrected audio.
- OnePass: Consolidate all episodes of favourite shows via cable, and internet video services such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Instant Video, creating a universal watch list across all providers.
- OneSearch: Search across local channels and Internet video services to find which shows are available and where they can be viewed.
- Remote Access: Watch live TV and recorded shows from a tablet or smartphone anywhere in the home, as well as download or stream shows to watch out of the home and on the go.