Free deal extends CanalSat reach
October 3, 2016
Beleaguered French pay-TV operator Canal+ is extending its reach with the agreement of a carriage deal that sees a range of its channels now included in the Freebox Revolution offering from multiplay operator Iliad.
Free has launched a new package: Freebox Revolution with TV by Canal Panorama and including access to the myCanal app.
Thanks to this new package, Free can now offer its subscribers the best brands available in France including entertainment channels for the whole family and sports channels – representing a total of 50 channels, of which 25 are exclusive – in addition to the 226 channels already included in the Freebox TV offering.
Subscribers will also have access to the myCanal app, which they will be able to use to watch the TV by Canal Panorama programmes, either live or on demand, on all types of device (smartphone, tablet, Xbox 360 and Xbox One or PC/Mac), and even when they are off line thanks to the download function. myCanal offers access to more than 100 channels for live viewing and over 8,000 content items on demand.
The new package – a no-commitment offering – for €39.99 a month it comprises:
- Provision, at no extra cost, of the Freebox Revolution box.
- Access to Broadband and Ultra-Fast Broadband (ADSL2+/VDSL2/FTTH depending on eligibility), with speeds of up to 1Gbps download and 200 Mbps upload via fiber.
- Calls to mobile phones in Metropolitan France and French overseas departments (DOM) and calls to landlines in over 110 countries.
- An exceptional TV offering, including CanalSAT Panorama and providing access to 550 channels (of which some 280 included in the standard package price), 182 HD channels (of which 120 included in the standard package price) and a 102-channel replay service (of which 77 included in the standard package price).
- Access to the myCanal app.
- Access to an extremely varied VOD and S-VOD service.
- A Blu-ray drive.
- A NAS server with a built-in 250 GB hard drive.
- Numerous audiovisual services, with programmed digital recording, time-shifting, electronic sell-through (EST) etc.
- An HD games offering with a gamepad included.
- Freeplugs (PLC).
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
- A gyroscopic remote control.
- A telephone hotline and on-site home assistance service.
- The Freebox Compagnon application to control the Freebox Revolution remotely and which can be used to access myCanal.
This package is available for both new and existing subscribers and for all types of access technology (ADSL2+/VDSL2/FTTH). In the near future, Free will contact existing Freebox Revolution subscribers, who will be migrated to the new offering without any migration costs and can choose to keep their current offering at the unchanged price of €37.97 per month.
The CanalSAT Panorama offering will be available for €24.90 per month to other Freebox subscribers.