AT&T offers 4K to businesses
December 22, 2016
US telco giant AT&T is now offering 4K Ultra High Definition video content to businesses via its DirecTV pay-TV subsidiary, including live sports – claiming to be the first provider in the US to do so.
“Many of our bar and restaurant customers cater to sports fans. Now, with 4K UHD, they can ‘up their game.’ This is also an incredible opportunity for local businesses – waiting rooms, gyms and salons – to differentiate themselves through enhanced entertainment,” said Doug Eichler, vice president of commercial sales, AT&T Entertainment Group. “Watching 4K UHD video makes waiting, working out and watching sports more enjoyable.”
In 2016, DirecTV 4K UHD (live/ linear) content included:
- Sports events: The Masters at Augusta National, MLB games, NCAA Football, UFC fights, PGA tournaments and the Rio Olympics. And just recently, it broadcast the first NBA live game in 4K UHD.
- Concerts: Top artists and award shows – such as the Country Music Awards and Garth Brooks – have also made their way to the 4K UHD screen, with more to come.
Businesses who want to offer their customers this premium 4K UHD live experience should:
- Upgrade to the DirecTV COMMERCIAL XTRA PACK /BUSINESS XTRA PACK package or higher, which includes 4K UHD account authorization and professional installation
- Upgrade to the latest DirecTV HR54 Receiver
- Offer access to either a DirecTV 4K UHD Ready TV or a compatible 4K UHD TV connected to the DirecTV C61K 4K client