VeEX product announcements at OFC 2017
March 17, 2017
VeEX, a global player in Telecom, CaTV, Fiber, Transport and Broadband Access, has announced that it will showcase several new products at the Optical Fiber Conference (OFC) taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California, USA from March 21-23, 2017.
At booth # 2349, VeEX will unveil and demonstrate:
Multi-Protocol Analyzer (MPA) platform – completely redesigned, the new 1U compact rack mount form factor supports up to 5 test modules which can be controlled by up to 20 independent Users. New modules/features include:
• MPM 400G test module – single CFP8 port supporting various MMF and SMF interfaces. Full bandwidth traffic generation with Service Disruption Time, PCS and RS FEC layer analysis, CFP Health check, and multi-lane unframed BERT are some of the advanced measurement capabilities.
• MPM-100G test module – dual 40/100G test ports supporting CFP4, QSFP28 and QSFP transceivers. 100GE features include IEEE 802.3bj RS-FEC support, 32 independent IPv4/6 streams, PCS generation/analysis, and standard RFC2544, Y.1564 test suites. Multi-channel ODU multiplexing, ODUflex, SDH/SONET along with rich Ethernet functions, are optimized for NEM test environments.
• MPM-100AR test module – single 40/100G test port supporting QSFP+/QSFP28 transceivers plus dual SFP28 ports for 25GE, 24G CPRI and 16/32G Fiber Channel applications. Ethernet, OTN and SDH/SONET features are similar to MPM-100G series.
MTTplus platform – scoring a perfect 5.0 score from the 2017 Lightwave Innovation Reviews, the award-winning platform boasts the widest range of test modules in the industry. The built-in camera and GPS options provide unrivalled job site documentation capability. New MTTplus modules making their debut include:
• MTTplus-420 GPON module – designed for service activation at the ONT location, the unit verifies downstream and upstream optical power levels and non-intrusively decodes the OLT – ONT message exchange allowing advanced troubleshooting.
• MTTplus-900 WiFi Air Expert module – complete analysis tool for 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi networks featuring AP discovery, survey, optimization, spectrum analysis, and TCP/UDP performance testing with a V-Probe (TCP/UDP server) companion to verify the true quality of experience of the installed WiFi network.
OPX-BOX+ OTDR – Ultra compact, “faceless” OTDR designed to operate remotely using Fiberizer Mobile software. This new enhanced model features both Bluetooth and WiFi capability compatible with iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices.
FX180 Optical Channel Checker – employing VeEX’s proprietary micro-optics and tunable technology, the unit accurately measures wavelength, power levels and OSNR values of up to 100 DWDM channels. Replacing the need for a high-cost Optical Spectrum Analyzer, the affordable device features a light, compact and rugged design, ideally suited for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
TLS-1000 Tunable Laser Source – Developed for various R&D test applications, the 2U rack mount device features fast wavelength tuning, high power output, and long term level stability. System control, test setup and communication is provided though a RS232 interface. Various models are available to support C-band, L-band, S-band, O-band, or full band operation.