CBS All Access on Amazon Channels
January 8, 2018
CBS All Access, CBS’s digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, and Amazon have launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’s commercial-free offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
“CBS All Access on Amazon Channels offers a seamless way for Amazon Prime members to get all the benefits of CBS All Access, including their favourite CBS shows plus premium original series like Star Trek: Discovery, No Activity and The Good Fight,” said Rob Gelick, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Platforms, CBS Interactive Entertainment. “As the first Amazon Channels partner to offer a linear feed of a subscriber’s local broadcast station in addition to video on demand, we’re thrilled to bring live programming to Prime members.”
“CBS has produced some of the most popular shows in television history – they have a fantastic selection of hit series,” said Greg Hart, Vice President, Amazon Video. “Amazon Prime members can now add CBS All Access to their Prime membership and watch the latest episodes of critically-acclaimed series, sports programming and award shows. We’re thrilled to work with CBS to bring their cutting-edge content to Amazon Prime members with Amazon Channels.”
For an additional $9.99 (€8.30) a month, Prime members will have access to:
- More than 10,000 commercial-free episodes on demand, including current primetime, late night and daytime CBS shows in addition to CBS classics such as Star Trek, Cheers, Medium and more.
- Full building seasons of all current CBS primetime series such as The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, NCIS and Scorpion.
- All past seasons of 14 hit CBS series including The Good Wife, NCIS and Hawaii Five-0.
- A live stream of their local CBS station, including NFL on CBS programming and specials such as The 60th Annual Grammy Awards and The Academy Of Country Music Awards.
- Access to the service’s original series including Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and No Activity, as well as upcoming originals $1, Strange Angel, The Twilight Zone and others.
- Prime members in the US will be able to watch CBS All Access across more than 600 devices on the Prime Video app for TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes, including Apple TV, and connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices and online.
- In addition to the commercial-free plan, CBS All Access’s limited commercial plan ($5.99/month) will also be available to Prime members in the coming months.