TF1, Orange distribution pact
March 9, 2018
French commercial broadcaster TF1 Group and multiplay telco Orange have signed a new global distribution agreement reinstating distribution by Orange of all TF1 group channels, and of the non-linear services associated with the channels, which was interrupted upon the expiry of the previous deal between the pair on January 31st.
It cements the partnership between the two companies, creating value by providing an enhanced service across all screens for Orange’s TV customers. It also allows Orange’s TV customers to enjoy innovative functionalities around TF1 group programmes:
- extended catch-up windows for programmes on MYTF1
- programmes premiered ahead of TV broadcast
- innovative, advanced functionalities that will enable Orange to launch new services
- two new channels (TF1 + 1, TMC +1) available from the start of the 2018 autumn season
- screening in 4K UHD of event programming such as the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, the 2019 Japan Rugby World Cup and Formula 1 Grands Prix)
The partnership is accompanied by enhancements to the TFOUMax on-demand kids service and the renewal of the distribution agreements for the TV Breizh, Ushuaia TV and Histoire channels, four services that lie at the heart of Orange’s Family TV offer.
Finally, Orange and the TF1 group have agreed to work together to develop targeted, enhanced advertising solutions on the TF1 services distributed on Orange platforms.
The MYTF1 service, suspended by TF1 on February 1st 2018, will once again be available to Orange subscribers from Monday 12th March.