Nordic Entertainment leadership team appointed
April 19, 2018
Following the announcement of the process to initiate a split of MTG into two companies, MTG and Nordic Entertainment Group, the Nordic Entertainment Group leadership team has now been established. All Group leadership team members will report in to Anders Jensen, the President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group.
Nordic Entertainment Group will comprise MTG’s current Nordic Entertainment and MTG Studios business segments, as well as Splay Networks. This unique entertainment ecosystem includes the Viasat pay-TV operations, the Viaplay and Viafree streaming services, MTG’s free-TV channels and radio stations, 30 production companies and Splay’s social video and influencer networks.
Anders Jensen, currently MTG Executive Vice President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment and future President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group: “These talented and committed leaders have the skills, experience and attitude required to realise our high ambitions for Nordic Entertainment Group. We are ensuring continuity in our country organisations and central functions, while driving even clearer commercial alignment across the business with the new Group Chief Commercial Officer role. This Group is a one of its kind in the media space and we are setting the organisation right in order to be able to deliver the most engaging experiences for all of our stakeholders.”
The Group leadership team for Nordic Entertainment Group will be as follows, effective July 1st:
- Kim Poder, EVP, Group Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), CEO Denmark. As Group CCO, Kim Poder will be responsible for driving Nordic Entertainment Group’s commercial strategy and execution. Poder is currently CEO of MTG Denmark.
- Matthew Hooper, EVP, Group Head of Corporate Affairs (including responsibility for Investor Relations), CEO UK. As CEO UK with immediate effect, Matthew Hooper will be responsible for the management of MTG’s and subsequently Nordic Entertainment Group’s UK based operations. Hooper is currently MTG EVP and Group Head of Corporate Communications.
- Gabriel Catrina, EVP, Group Chief Strategy Officer and Head of M&A. Catrina is currently MTG Chief Strategy Officer.
- Jakob Mejlhede, EVP, Group Head of Content. Mejlhede is currently MTG EVP and Head of Programming and Content Development.
- Morten Aass, SVP, CEO Norway. Aass is currently CEO of MTG Norway.
- Mathias Norrback, SVP, CEO Finland. Norrback is currently CEO of Viasat Finland.
- Morten Mogensen will continue in his current role of CEO of nice entertainment group.
- Alexander Bastin, SVP, Head of Viaplay and Viafree. Bastin is currently MTG SVP and Head of Viaplay and Viafree.
- Susan Gustafsson, SVP, Group General Counsel. Gustafsson is currently MTG Group General Counsel.
- Kaj af Kleen, SVP, Group Chief Technology and Product Officer. As Group Chief Technology and Product Officer, Kaj af Kleen will be responsible for driving the Group’s continued leadership in product, design, data and technology across all platforms. Kaj af Kleen is currently MTG SVP and Head of Technology for Viaplay and Viafree.
- Kim Mikkelsen, SVP, Group Head of Sport. Mikkelsen is currently MTG Denmark Head of Sport. Peter Nørrelund, currently MTG EVP and CEO of MTG Sport, will be an advisor to the President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group, focusing on the company’s sports rights portfolio. Peter Nørrelund will also continue as MTG EVP after the company split.
- Jennie Jacobs, SVP, Group and UK Head of Human Resources. Jacobs is currently MTG UK Head of Human Resources.
As previously announced, Filippa Wallestam has been appointed MTG SVP and CEO of Sweden and the future SVP and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group Sweden.
The recruitment of the Chief Financial Officer for Nordic Entertainment Group, as well as for certain leadership positions for the remaining MTG, is ongoing. The Board of Directors of Nordic Entertainment Group will also be announced in due course.